Cara, Dave and Layla arrived yesterday afternoon for a birthday celebration dinner. Cara brought a recently purchased little push cart for Layla. She has been practicing walking with it for days and loves it. We all ran to the front entry way to watch Layla. She stood there in the middle of the floor and just looked at us. We coaxed, cheered, encouraged, and plead with her but she would not budge. So Grandpa nonchalantly walked behind her thinking that would make her move away from "that big old scary guy". She cranked her head around and glared at him but would not move. I guess she just didn't want an audience. Later, I did catch her walking behind it in the kitchen. Aiden thought it looked like great fun and joined her. He walks much faster than her and soon left her in the dust without her little push cart. I wish I had pulled out my camera for all of this. Sorry about that. I am including a picture from two weeks ago when she was practicing standing in the middle of the room. She would bend stick her bum up in the air, folded completely in half and then stand up with her arms out wide for balance. You could see her little toes gripping the carpet for all they were worth. The best part was her great big smile of accomplishment. Grand kids are so fun!
Monday, August 3, 2009
Layla Walking?
Cara, Dave and Layla arrived yesterday afternoon for a birthday celebration dinner. Cara brought a recently purchased little push cart for Layla. She has been practicing walking with it for days and loves it. We all ran to the front entry way to watch Layla. She stood there in the middle of the floor and just looked at us. We coaxed, cheered, encouraged, and plead with her but she would not budge. So Grandpa nonchalantly walked behind her thinking that would make her move away from "that big old scary guy". She cranked her head around and glared at him but would not move. I guess she just didn't want an audience. Later, I did catch her walking behind it in the kitchen. Aiden thought it looked like great fun and joined her. He walks much faster than her and soon left her in the dust without her little push cart. I wish I had pulled out my camera for all of this. Sorry about that. I am including a picture from two weeks ago when she was practicing standing in the middle of the room. She would bend stick her bum up in the air, folded completely in half and then stand up with her arms out wide for balance. You could see her little toes gripping the carpet for all they were worth. The best part was her great big smile of accomplishment. Grand kids are so fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment