Saturday, May 1, 2010

Some Great Women in My LIfe



Celeste, Callie, Drake and I headed for Utah to stay with Mom and Dad for a few days. Celeste and I attended Women's Conference. It was a sweet experience. It was a little cold, drizzley and windy but the company was great. Celeste read that 3 times more BYU brownies are sold during Women's Conference than any other time of year. So we decided we didn't want to be left out and tried out their brownies. I had mint with nuts (of course) and Celeste had regular with nuts. They did not come packaged, just on a piece of parchment paper. So we had to eat them before our lunch. Having dessert first was so fun we decided to eat our Hogi yogi ice cream before our dinner also. The brownies lived up to the hype. They were delicious.

I really enjoyed all of the conference sessions but was particularly touched by Sister Becks. She was the key note opening Session speaker. I have been muling around her words for days. She talked about making sure our priorities are in their proper place. We need to do the things that are essential first, then the necessary and then the nice. I think it is easy to spend most of our time on the nice since that is what is fun, our hobbies, etc. I have been thinking about how I spend my time and in which category the items should be placed. Lots of other good words of wisdom sunk into my heart from this conference. I loved attending with Celeste. I hope to go again next year with other special women in my life.

After the last session of Conference, Celeste and I met my parents, Callie and Drake at Dad's sister's house. It was really good to visit with Elaine, Royal, Rolaine and Claude. They are good people. Last night Mom's sister came over to see us. That was a fun treat to visit with Aunt Liane. I did manage to get my camera out for her visit. I wish I had had it with me for the visit with the Hendersons. Great trip!

No comments: