Thursday, February 24, 2011

Girls Night Out

Since we know Cara will most likely be moving soon, we have decided to try and have a monthly "girls time".  I have to say up front that we always miss Cassy and wish she lived closer but are happy she lives in a great place and is so happy where she is. 

I didn't make the first girls time because my schedule was just too full.  So Callie took Cami and Caylee to Aurora to meet Celeste and Cara for a bite to eat.  They had a good time.

This time, I did get to go.  Callie met us in Arvada and we drove down to the Factory Outlet Stores in Castle Rock where we rendezvoused with Cara, Celeste and Caleb.  Even though Caleb is of the male species, he was allowed to come due to his sweet, fat nature. (Not to mention the fact he still is nursing.)  While wondering around the outlets, we came upon a line that extended out the door of Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory Store.  Cami, Caylee and I immediately got in that line.  Celeste, Cara and Callie thought that looked a little crazy and moved on.  It turns out they were having a SALE!  If you buy two apples you get one free!  So of course Cami, Caylee and I each picked out an apple to share with everyone.  I did the quick math and realized we could each have 4 slices.  So one taste of each delectable apple and one more of our favorite one.  The other three girls were delighted to see our selections and we all enjoyed our portions of the sweetened apple or is it our portion of sweets with a little bite of apple?

The next stop was Claire's.  It to was crowded so we didn't stay in the store too long.  However on the way out Caylee asked, "Mom, when can I get my ears pierced?"  I didn't respond immediately because I was trying to figure out how to answer.  Cara and Callie jumped right in with "Why not pierce them right now?  Caylee is old enough to take care of them?" etc, etc.  I couldn't really think of a good reason not to except for the family policy was 12 years old which Cassy and Cami both broke ... so why not?  I told her she had better call her dad.  He didn't fair any better than I did so off we went back to Claire's and had the job done.  You can see in the picture how red her ear lobs are from their recent assault!  The store had a teddy bear for Caylee to hold as well as my hand.  She did a great job and only flinched a little.  It ended up being much easier and less painful than she had anticipated.  She has been cleaning and rotating them three times a day as instructed.

We topped of the evening with subs at Jimmy Johns and we missed Cassy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun day! Wish I could have been there. So proud of Cay for being so brave! Love you all! P.S. Caleb is amazingly cute and fat!

cara said...

It was so fun! I loved the apples they were fantastic.

Callie and Jordan said...

It was very fun! We missed you Cassy!