 |
| On Saturday morning, we headed toward Jenny Lake and what should we see first off? A BEAR! It was very exciting. There were a lot of people pulled over and out of their cars watching and photographing it. One man got way too close and the lady ranger had to yell at him and escort him back to the safety zone. We couldn't believe our good fortune to actually get to see a bear! The word in the crowd was it was definitely a Grizzly but the ranger said it was a blonde black bear that had been hanging around. There was an antelope out in the field also that seemed to be teasing the bear. |
 |
| Rod and I in the Parking lot of Jenny Lake preparing for the boat ride across the lake and hike up to the falls. Rod saw a couple walk by and told me he thought they were from our new ward. So when I ended up next to the lady on the path to the lake, I asked her and sure enough that is who there were! |
 |
| Worth the hike! Actually, it was a short hike but a little muddy and snowy in places. Unfortunately, Aiden slipped in the mud. It was looking like we was going to take a bunch of the mud back down the trail with him but Celeste came to the rescue with wet wipes and got him all cleaned up. Thanks goodness for Moms! She always travels with an arsenal of band aids and wet wipes. |
 |
| This was a delightful little bird. I saw this species several times during the trip. |
 |
| We saw quite a few buffalo or American Bison (that is for Cara) in the park. They tended to like to walk on the road which delighted the tourists. We were especially delighted to see the babies. |
|
|
 |
| At the end of the first day, we went looking for a moose. We drove the entire length of Moose Wilson drive with our eyes peeled. At the very end of the road as it meet the main intersection was a moose. We calmly stripped leaves off the trees while lots of tourists snapped pictures. |
 |
| Mr Caleb had the best mode of transportation in the group and always caused a stir among the other tourists. He was a very good traveling baby, didn't hardly make a peep except at night when he "Peeped" very loudly so Celeste and Travis were quite sleep deprived. I offered to take him but thankfully, they never took me up on it in the middle of the night. |
 |
| Mr Pickle Pants telling Grandma a tall tale! |
 |
| On the way into the valley, Rod and I saw Old Faithful erupting. No one else did, so hence we sat around so they all could see it blow. And blow it did! We stayed in this area for so long, we saw it blow again. So I saw it three times. It was my lucky day. |
 |
| Old Faithful. |
 |
| Evidently, we didn't walk the kids too hard because they all found time to have a dance with Grandpa. |
 |
| Kathy, Caylee, Rod and Cami at Artist's Point. |
 |
| So Cami really wanted to see a beaver. We thought we were quite luckily seeing a bear, buffalo, Elk, Antelope, Deer and a moose. So why not wish for a beaver as well. Low and behold, we came around a corner to a traffic jam. This guy was the cause of all the fuss. What a fun treat! |
 |
| Yellowstone Grand Canyon as viewed from Artist Point! |
|
|
 |
| I loved all of the wild flowers. We saw fields and fields of white and yellow flowers with a sprinkling of purple. Very gorgeous! |
 |
| Checking out the hot sulfur lakes. |
 |
| I really wanted to see the bubbling mud pots. I was not disappointed with this display. It was fun to see how high and far the mud was flung. |
|
|
 |
| A beautifully blue hole of thermal water. It look inviting but we all knew better than to dip our toes in there! |
|
 |
| We drove around a corner and low and behold this one started to spew! It was perfect timing. |
 |
| We didn't have to wait to see these ones go, they like to just keep on going! I remember hearing in NZ that there were only 7 places in the world with geysers, NZ, Yellowstone, Russia, Iceland hmm. ...I can't remember the other spots. Yellowstone by far has the most, more than half of the world's geysers are in Yellowstone. |
 |
| A man gave me a "tip" that there was a bear down this dirt road. We followed up for a while. We never found the bear but the view was fantastic. |
 |
| Walking back to the car after our picnic |
 |
| Picnic on the banks of Jenny Lake. Aiden and Brandon were not supposed to walk in the cold lake but Aiden did anyway, so did grandma but I took my shoes and socks off first. The boys and Caylee followed suit. The cold water felt really good on my hot feet but the rocky sand was not so comfortable. I have pansy feet! |
 |
| As Rod would say "He is outstanding in his field" |
 |
| Crossing back on Jenny Lake after our hike to the waterfall. |
 |
| On the boat - Jenny Lake |
 |
| This was our ticket on and off the boat. Be Bear Aware. Actually, we saw that slogan on signs in the Tetons and in Yellowstone. |
 |
| Celeste trying to keep track of Aiden so he didn't end up in the river. When we got off the boat, there was a bin with walking sticks. I thought they looked fun so I found one for myself so did Caylee and Brandon. Aiden had already gone up the trail. I thought he would be sad if Brandon had one and he didn't so, trying to be the good grandma, I grabbed one for him. Celeste wanted to know why I was giving a weapon to her sons! Sure enough, Aiden tried to stab a chipmunk with it who was hopping for a free lunch not a stab in the eye! |
 |
| Cami and Brandon getting ready for the first big outing. |
 |
| Cool dude |
 |
| On the way back to Jackson, we took the back roads through Idaho farmlands. It was a beautiful drive and Rod and a great time driving it. I don't think we went the speed limit. Cami thought the locals were driving awful fast as they zipped by us when we were stopped for a diaper changing break. |
 |
| Another great mode of transportation for Caleb |
 |
| Back side of the Tetons. What a glorious view! |
As we left town, we saw three hot air balloons rising skyward.
1 comment:
Love all the pictures! Thanks for taking the time to post them. Looks like it was a wonderful trip! Can't wait to see you soon!
Post a Comment