Rod dropped us off about an hour before our 8:39 start time. Then he went to Cindy's house to pick up Mom. They went back to Arvada to meet Steve who was in charge of Layla, Jade and Aiden at the house. They were all good for him. Kids like Uncle Steve. (The adults do also). They all arrived at CU Stadium toting pop tarts and apple juices. Celeste supplied the pop tarts and put me in charge of the drink. I couldn't bear to buy Sunny's D's. It is not my favorite drink but the kids generally like it. Aiden loved the pop tarts and ate about half of the supply!
Cara wasn't very serious about stretching. We are really happy Cara came in to run the race with us. I brag about how she and Callie hosted their own Bolder Boulder while in China over Memorial Day.
Now that is a stretch. I liked Becky's pink hat. It helped me keep track of her in the crowd of Bolder Boulderites.
Celeste giving advice to "Super Brandon".
Caylee trying out a calf stretch.
A few more stretches going on!
Someone was offering marshmallows along the route. Becky indulged. She said it gave her energy. Caylee held out until an irresistible cup cake was offered! I had my cell phone in my pocket so I could track out distance and time. The camera was a bonus and then I remembered I could text as well. So during our frequent walking breaks I updated Rod on our progress. Technology is great!
We picked up some free pom poms along the way. The idea was for Caylee to wave them once we got into the stadium so Rod could see us easier. She waved, he didn't see us. We made it in 92 minutes.
I texted Sandy as we drove into Boulder and told her to meet us in Section 215 and she did! Katie said, Sandy had mentioned several times during the week that she should "Call Kath" but didn't get to it. She was happy to see my text.
Cami beat us all. She ran it right around an hour. (64 min to be exact). She would have been faster if she didn't have to wait in line at a port-a-potty along the route. Nobody thought she would do so well. I think that is why she did because she was determined to prove us all wrong.
Travis was a good sport and came up to cheer us on! He even ran it with us one year. I guess once was enough! In fact I do not think any of the son-in-laws have done it more than once.
Caleb got drug along with his daddy. He made us all nervous because he kept wanting to prance along the benches. Katie Jenkins at one point said, "I can't watch". He would growl and squirm every time Celeste tried to contain him.
Celeste brought a hydration pack for Brandon but she ended up wearing it for him. It made her more recognizable. I saw her as they ran across the finish line. We thought Celeste and Brandon were in front of us but I guess we passed them during one of their potty stops. I am excited Brandon did the Bolder Boulder. That makes 4 generations for our family. My dad and I started it all off in 1980. What a fun family tradition! Thanks all, it was a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment