Caylee turned 11 in March. Her birthday just happened to fall on the day we were exiting our Cruise in Florida. Her Grandparents and Aunt Becky and Uncle Steve just happened to have a trip planned to Orlando to go to Universal Studio. We were invited to join them but declined. I wanted to hurry home in case Cara's baby was born early. But before we left, Cara arranged for me to fly out to see them about 4 days after our return home from the cruise. The morning before we left as I was dropping Caylee off at school she wistfully stated she hoped to have a surprise birthday party at some time in her life. That got me thinking and scheming. I came home and called Rod to discuss the possibility of Caylee and I staying in Florida a couple of days and going to Harry Potter World with my parents and Becky and Steve. We was agreeable so I called the airlines and managed to change our tickets at no charge. That was a miracle. I tried to call Becky but it was her last morning to work in the Temple so she was not home. I called Mom and Dad who were excited about the possibility. Dad called and had us added to their packet. We were set. I dropped in at the school and extended the days Caylee would be gone. I had forgotten that their TCAP testing started the morning we were originally supposed to be back. But it worked out. They had makeup times worked into their schedule for sick or (delinquent in our case) students. We told Caylee about it the night before we got off the ship because she and I would have to pack differently. She was so excited and very surprised. We had a great time together. The pictures tell the story.





Could this be my wand?
Waiting for a show to start.
Mom and Dad rented wheel chairs each day so we could move around faster.
Finding a wave!
Caylee decided Butter Beer is not all it is cracked up to be!
Meeting Captain America!
Uncle Steve spoiling Caylee with her own carmel apple. He likes to do that!
We had fun playing in this tree house. We brought Mom and Dad to it the second day. There is an overlook with water guns to shoot an unsuspecting passerby. Becky and I ran through there to give the little boys who were shooting to have a target. It is the Grandma-ness inside of us. Mom, Dad and Steve saw us and took over the water guns for a while. There were blocks to hide behind. One of the little boys started shooting up from the blocks. Becky and I were amazed and joined in the fun from our blocks. Who knew?
I figured out I could walk with Caylee to the beginning of the rollercoaster rides then bail out. She loved the coasters and did them over and over.
Sitting on the Hump of Wump of Gump!
We didn't get to bring Cami because she had to go back to school but she showed up anyway! Just kidding but we were surprised how much this girl looked like Cami!
Eating Breakfast then at the end of the day, all tuckered out!
No comments:
Post a Comment