






We have been having beautiful weather in Denver so I decided to spend a morning at the zoo with Cara and Celeste. The Zoo has a really fun exhibit. It is a parrot enclosure. They sell small paper cups of nectar for $1.00 to be fed to the birds. Brandon really wanted to try it, so I bought him a cup. It is quite a thrill to have them "eating out of your hand". You can feel their beaks pressing against the cup and see their tongues lapping up the liquid. Most of them were territorial but I had two that had both their heads in my cup together. They didn't seem to mind the togetherness.
Brandon likes to repeat the same events. So when we got to a certain monkey enclosure with a bench, he had us sit and eat lunch. That is exactly the place where we had sat and eaten before. It is a fun out of the way place to watch the monkeys. Several came and hung on the net in front of the glass right by us.
Celeste and Cara were pushing the strollers so I was Brandon's "buddy," which means I held onto his monkey tail backpack and ran around after him. We had a good time and I got some good exercise out of the deal. Brandon always likes to pick up a zoo map and "follow along".
No comments:
Post a Comment