Friday, January 8, 2010

I have been reading Caylee a series of books by Barbara Park about a little girl named Junie B. Jones. They are pretty entertaining. In the book, Junie B., First Grader Cheater Pants, Junie learned how to write Cinquain (prononuced sin-cane) poems. It is a 5 line poem.

Line 1: One word (Title of the poem)
Line 2: Two words describing the title
Line 3: Three verbs about the title
Line 4: Four words expressing a thought or feeling about the title.
Line 5: One word that means the same as the title.

I really liked the poem examples in the book and decided to try writing one myself. It is about the hike we took on Labor Day a couple of months ago. I have a goal to hike some of Colorado 14ers. Mt Evans is one anyone can do because you basically drive to the top and just hike a little ways. On the way up we saw a very fat marmot and two shaggy mountain goats. It was very fun. I loved it!

Mt. Evans
Awesome Height
Driving, Hiking, Enjoying
Top of the world
Beautiful










1 comment:

C said...

yeah! you updated your blog!!! liked your poem too.