
I have been very neglectful and haven't blogged about sweet little Jackson. I bragged about him on facebook but not here, so this blog is just for him!
When Cassy and Taylor called and told us they were having a boy, Grandpa Rod was pretty excited. With 4 son-in-laws and 3 grandsons, this newest arrival would tip our family over the edge. There would now be more boys in the family than girls. That hadn't ever happened before! Rod was pretty excited to welcome this new little guy into our family.
Jackson took his sweet time getting here. He arrived late on Oct 6, 2009 in Tuscon. Rod and I took a two day road trip to meet him. We arrived shortly after Cassy, Taylor and little Jackson got home from the hospital. What a sweet little boy. He had wild dark hair like his grandpa Ernie. He was skinny and very sweet. Rod could only stay for a few days but I was able to stay a week!
We saw him next at Thanksgiving when Cassy and Taylor brought him out to meet the family. They flew in on a Sunday afternoon. Some of our family skipped a little bit of church on that day because "she" was so anxious to meet Mr. Jacksonnnnnn! We loved the visit and there was no shortage of aunts and uncles to hold him.
We saw him again at Christmas but had to drive to Utah to do so. It was the Pierce-Wooten family's turn to have them. Cassy and Taylor decided to bless little Jax at Taylor's family's house. Cara and Dave were also in Utah since Dave's Grandpa was celebrating his birthday so the timing worked great for them. This trip was too short and we had to share Jackson but it was great to see him again. The next scheduled trip isn't until summer which will be way tooooooo long for me. I hope to sneak in a trip to Tuscon in the Spring.
Jackson is a charmer. He is very free with his smiles. He is a happy little guy. Cassy says he takes after me. I will claim him!
No comments:
Post a Comment