One of the Sundays in August, We all went to the McNeils for Sunday dinner. Caleb is taking after his big brother Aiden in his mode of dress or rather undress.
Rod does a really good job of taking care of the yard. Notice our beautiful flowers. I did not water them for a few days last summer and they never recovered their original beauty. I was very careful to get them watered while Rod was gone on his trips to Georgia and Washington DC.
Cami and I attended the Best of EFY at the Lakewood Stake Center. That is her in the green shirt talking to a boy. She says I was stalking her but truly, I just wanted to document a church dance in her life. It started to rain really hard in the middle of the dance and then it actually hailed. The dance was moved inside but before it could start up again, the weather cleared and they were back outside. Cam said the rain was the best part. She had a hard time deciding what to wear for this dance. She brought another change of clothes in case she decided her outfit was too edgy. Sister Horsley ran up to her before the car pooling left to tell her how much she liked her outfit. That did it. She did not change.
Last year, the day before school started, I took Cami and her friends
hiking up to Royal Arch. This year Cami wanted to take them where she
had gone on her Outpost Hike last year, up to Crater Lakes by the Moffat
Tunnel. I could not keep up with this group. The hike was over 6 miles round trip with a pretty good elevation change. They would stop periodically to wait for me. Finally we came across a group of senior ladies and I hiked with them so the "rabbits" could take off.
When I arrived at the lakes, I could hear their voices but I could not see them. I walked through the trees toward their voices and saw movement on this big hill. They are in this picture but pretty hard to see. Cami knew there were move lakes up higher and that is where they were headed. I plopped down next to a rock, ate my lunch, listened to the forest sounds and took a nap. After about 45 minutes I could see a speck of white coming over this ridge. It turned out to be Cami. She felt bad leaving me there by myself. I wasn't really by myself, as there were other people milling around up there but it was sweet of her. We stopped in Rollinsville on the way home and I bought them all sodas. It was a fun day. I wish I still had 16 year old legs!
Drake and Emmalyn. This is Drake's Captain America outfit. It is his Halloween Costume this year. He loves it! Emmalyn's natural hairdo is adorable.
The primary sponsored a trip to the Denver Temple for the children. I decided since I was gone the Saturday before to the Best of EFY with Cami, I had better give Caylee equal time and help with her church outing. One of the little boys in my car was quite a talker. I asked an older boy to be his buddy while we crossed the street and into the Temple grounds. The younger guy stuck to him like glue the whole time. On the way home, the younger guy got a bloody nose. I did not have any napkins or tissues. Caylee did find a mitten in the center section so that is what he used to catch the blood. I felt bad bringing him home with a blood stained face and shirt but his parents say it is a common occurrence.
| The fun ladies I get to work with in Stake Young Womens. We did the refreshments for the Stake Seminary Fireside. Caylee helped us. She is often my side kick. |
I took Caylee and her friend to Big Time Tramp Center on Cami suggestion since she was going with Katie and Claire. They had a great time. I sat and watched the Olympics and organized my notebook for my next Independent study class.
No comments:
Post a Comment