I was lucky enough to be in Utah for Dad's 82nd birthday. I was attending a Family History Conference at BYU and staying at Mom and Dad's. I took him to a Steak house that night to celebrate. He did not want them to make a fuss over his birthday. I did ask a worker to take our picture and told her we were celebrating his birthday. I was shocked when they brought out a brownie with ice cream at the end of our meal. I guess the photographer had let the cat out of the bag.
We went on a drive about in Provo on the way to the Steak House. Dad pointed out the Crane Maternity Home. If you have read their history, you will know both Mom and Dad were born here. Dad said his room was the first window on the left and he crawled down the hall to the next room to visit with Mom.
Front door of Crane Maternity Hall. I like the stained class window and carved panels.
With my back to the Maternity Hall, I could see the new Provo City Temple under construction from the old Provo Tabernacle.
Dad asked if I wanted to see the ugliest house in town. Of course I did. I guess one of his uncles built it.
It was a fun trip. I loved having Mom and Dad all to myself for a day or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment