Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Camping with Grandma and Grandpa








The girls and I took off for Panquitch Lake Utah last week. We were invited to go camping with another family and I invited Mom and Dad to come along. Cami and I decided we would see how much wild life we could see along the 500+ mile drive. We hoped to start off our wild life hunt with the Buffalo herd in Genesee. Nope! They were no where in sight. Then we looked for Big Horn Sheep at Georgetown. Another big NO! After a while, we gave up and had to be content with spotting "wild BEEFalo". Finally, after camping for two days, we saw a bald eagle sitting on the lake shore. It flew off in a wide circle overhead. It was very beautiful. Our wild life veiwing luck changed. We were surrounded by beautiful blue dragon flies with black stripes and we saw quite a few mule deer! Cami and Caylee both caught a trout each. We ate Caylee's and it was delicious!

Mom, Dad and I went to "Cedar Breaks" and hiked along a beautiful trail full of bluebells. I have never seen so many bluebells in one spot before. Cedar breaks is a geological formation - a mini Grand Canyon. The girls went Geo-caching with the other family and missed our little hike. They had grand adventures of their own.

Cami and I had hoped to go Trilobite hunting on the way home but I decided it was too far out of the way and I didn't want to out on the desert with just the two girls. My cousin told me, the trilobite site was a lot further away than I had thought. So, it turns out it was a good decision. We will have to save that hunt for another time.

No comments: