Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Lichfield Family Reunion











Yea! The Lichfield Family Reunion was a sucess!

I had to organize a reunion as an extra curricular activity for the Family History class I am taking. I recruited two cousins to help me. We all gently encouraged our own sides of the family to attend.

Elaine and Royal offered their house for the party.

Becky, Cindy and I attended as well as my Mom, Dad, Steve, Jared, Amanda, Cami and Caylee.

I was guessing we would have about 30 people if we were lucky. I bet we had closer to 50! It was fantastic.

My cousin Kim brought his mom, Aunt Afton. From the Nelson side of the family, we had Dianne, Bruce, Kim and Linda as well as their spouses and some kids and some grandkids. I hadn't seen those cousins in years!

On the Henderson side, we had Rolaine, Claude, all their kids, spouses and grandkids came as well as Claudia and her husband. It was so fun to see them all and to catch up a little on each other's lives. I have nice relatives! Rolaine told me she thought Cidne and I look a lot alike. So we had our picture taken together. You can be the judge, are we alike?

You can see in the last picture Afton, Dad and Elaine. Elaine needs to stay on oxygen. When Dad sat between them for the "family" picture, he took the oxygen tube and put it up to his nose. Elaine said, "Oh Ernie!" and snatched the tube away from him. Then she removed it from her nose and told me to take the picture QUICK!

The young lady with Bruce is his daughter. Her name is Callie Ann! She is about 6 years older than our Callie. I was noticing in the family group sheets that Rolaine gave me that her Cidne has a Callie Ann also. Popular name!

No comments: