Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Spiders, Butterflies and Grandsons






Caylee, Brandon, Aiden and I headed out for the Butterfly Pavillion last week. In the insect room we saw the tarantula tower (creepy!), cockroaches, walking sticks and honey bees.

Caylee held Rosie the resident tarantula. Brandon and I did not take advantage of that opportunity. We found Nemo and Dorrie in the fish tanks.

There were butterflies everywhere in the dome. They had just releashed some. I had one land on me. Caylee coached a few onto her hand. We found five turtles hanging out around the pond. Aiden laughed and flapped.

Later we went into the garden where we were "shrunk" and played on the bee hive and spider web. It was a great way to spend a hot day together.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Caylee's hair is so cute! I guess I haven't seen a picture of her since you got her hair cut. Come our to AZ and you can see all those things in their natural environment! I will even let you hold our resident tarantula! I can't wait to see you soon!

C said...

What cute kids!!! Brandon had a great time and he's still talking about it, but he's also still telling me he wants to hold Rosie. Kids are so fickle!

cara said...

May be Cassy should hold her pet tarantula at her apartment now.