Friday, July 31, 2009

Mathew Winters Trail






I had high hopes for the Summer of lots of outings with my married daughters. Tuesday was going to be our day each week to get together. But at the beginning of the Summer, I had the Musical Fireside at Church, then girls camp, then a quick trip to Utah to see Jenny. So June was a complete loss as far as outings with the older girls went. As soon as I returned home from Utah, Peanut Butter Players was in full swing for Cami and the Jubilee Practices heavily involved Cami, Caylee and myself. Celeste, Cara and Callie planned a few outings and did them without me since I just couldn't fit them in. After a while, they gave up trying. Cara persevered so we actually went hiking at the beginning of the week. Yea! Caylee and Layla went with us. We hiked up the Mathew Winters Trail. This is the same trail where I encountered the poison ivy on my leg earlier in the summer and the Stake Primary youth encountered a rattle snake! We kept our eyes open for both of those hazards and had a wonderful time. Cara carried Layla in the back pack to the top and I carried her back down. I got the better end of that deal! Caylee was a trooper. We hiked for 2 and a half hours. She is a strong little girl and great company. At one point, we crossed a small stream in one of the few wooded areas. There was a white lab type dog laying in the water. On the way back, another white lab type dog was in the same position in the same spot. We all wished we could lay on our belly's in the cool stream water! We did see poison ivy and maybe poison oak but no rattle snakes! Thank goodness.

1 comment: