Sunday, July 5, 2009

Girls Camp






Cami and I attended the Arvada Stake High Adventure Girls Camp at Camp Firewalker in the middle of June. This camp is located East of Bailey on the shores of Lake Wellington. It is a very beautiful spot. Due to so much rain this year, the area was teeming with wild flowers. We had beautiful weather, not to hot but blue skies. Cami completed all of the High Adventure activities. She did the leap of faith, the cat walk, the obstacle course, the high ropes course and the rappelling. She was very brave and very impressive. I attended this camp a couple of years ago and did the high ropes course then. This year, I did the rappelling and cat walk. The cat walk was fun because I was able to go off backwards and hang upside down. I loved the hike up to the rappelling site and the rappelling was a blast also. It was a fun camp. I gave the Fireside presentation on the first night and had to sing for my lost hat in front of the whole group on the last night. Cami sang with me. She was a good sport.

No comments: