Monday, June 2, 2008

A Day at the Zoo







We decided to celebrate freedom from school with a day at the Zoo.


Caylee brought her school journal and wrote down every type of animal we saw. It was a challenge for me to help her with the correct spelling when I couldn't see the information board. Caylee and Brandon rode the Carousel. She wanted to record that also. I was having trouble spelling it, Let's see C A R (I think there is a U somewhere in this word...hmm?) A lady sitting on the bench finished if off for me. "A S E L". When we got over to the carousel, I saw she had it all wrong! She said it with such conviction too.



Layla slept through the whole experience. She will be six weeks old on Wednesday.



Brandon tried to run the show. He asked for a map as he came through the gate and picked out where he wanted to go. He loves the Bird house. Brandon wore his monkey backpack which has a long tail with a loop on the end so he can be tethered to us. It was a good thing too because he is likes to get up and GO! When I was attached to him, he would pull on the tether and say "Gwama, let's GO!"



Little Aiden would smile from his stroller, arch his back and reach out to us. Sometimes, we gave in and carried him. He is pretty irresistible!


1 comment:

C said...

When is Brandon NOT trying to run the show? He is three, after all. It was a fun day at the zoo!