Since the last two Summers were full of moving and weddings, we are trying to make the most of this summer. Last week we went to Lafayette to hang out with the Houlihans at their neighborhood pool. Two of Cami's friends, Rylee and Sarah showed up, so she was having a great time.
Our friends, the Jensen's were in town for Gavin's wedding. Ali Jensen came over for the day last Wednesday. Caylee had a play date so I decided to take Cami and Ali to the movies. I am a cheap scape so naturally I took them to the discount theater. We arrived to find the theater closed down with the windows covered in paper. Luckily for us, the theater across the parking lot in the Westminster Mall was a new discount place, $5 a ticket! We bought our tickets to see the new Narnia movie, Prince Caspian and headed for our seats. During one of the previews, the movie slowed down, stopped and we watched in horror as the film burned up! The lights came on. Cami said, "That can't be a good sign!" Sure enough it wasn't. We were told the projection motor burned up and given our money back! Cami and I were disappointed because we had been trying to find a time when we could see this movie when Caylee was occupied elsewhere. We heard there was too much fighting for her.
Cara and Layla came to stay last Thursday through Saturday since Dave was away. We loved having them visit. On Friday, we all went to Celeste's house. We ended up having a picnic in the park. Brandon loves to have his aunt Caylee come down for a visit. He ignores the rest of us when Caylee is around.
Caylee went home with Cara to hold Layla so Cara could get some work done. Rod and I took advantage of that by going on an afternoon date to Golden to the car show. Cami and I took advantage by going to see the Narnia movie that evening. This time I shelled out the BIG bucks to go to a decent theater. Cami was relieved! It was a fun movie. I was sad when it was over. I ran 13+ miles on Saturday morning so I was also very stiff after sitting still for 2.5 hrs. Cami thought I was pretty funny when I tried to move. We walked around a bit so I could work out the kinks!
1 comment:
i am so glad you finally got to blog again! I look forward to getting the updates online! Love ya!
Post a Comment