Monday, June 23, 2008

Sunday Dinner




Cara, Dave and Layla came over for Sunday dinner. They were already here when we arrived home from Church. Dave had already emptied my dishwasher and set the table for dinner. I love having him over! He had placed folded napkins on our plates. We wore them on our heads like hats. Such irreverence!

I got to hold Layla in my lap and feed her her bottle while I ate my dinner. I dropped only one piece of carrot slaw. It landed in her ear!
Caylee
thought it was sick that I ate it anyway. I am not sure if it is because she didn't like the carrot slaw or the fact it came from her ear.

After dinner and the dishes, Cayle and I played a card game -
Aye, Aye Nephi! Caylee whomped on me! Layla sat in my lap and watched the action. After Cara and Dave left, Cami made some delicious milk chocolate chip cookies. She brought some to our neighbor Larry, to say thank you for letting her borrow their oatmeal. He looked at the plate and said something about how the cookies would not last long!

We delivered another plate (actually two because a bunch of boys lived there) of cookies to a family in our ward. The mom was having a hard day.

They were not home, we tried the door, it was unlocked so we "broke in" and left the cookies on the table. When they arrived home, one of the sons said , "Someone stole our TV and left cookies instead!" It scared the Mom until she listened to her messages and heard where they came from. I wonder who took their TV?...

No comments: